Keeping Your Home Free of MoldOK here goes, my first blog.
With the wet season finally upon us, we can expect mold to once again become an issue. Unfortunately because here on the Sunshine Coast and along the Queensland coastline, we live in a subtropical and tropical climate, people do tend to get a lkittle complacent about mold. Problem is that it is highly toxic and causes a huge range of health problems:
Pretty scary stuff, right.
So what to do? If it causes all these issues then aren't we exposing ourselves to the spores and toxicity when we are cleaning? Absolutely! And if you are using chlorine based cleaning products, then you are also exposing yourself to these toxic chemicals. Chlorine doesn't destroy the mold, which is why it will grow back.
Thieves however has been proven to prevent mold growing back.
Dr Edward Close,has a Phd in evironmental science and engineering. Dr Close has developed a protocol for removing mold in a way that does not compromise your health, and will actually improve it because you are using a product that has health benefits.
The protocol, for major problems is:
1. Collect a minimum of 3 Air Samples, including one outdoor air sample, and one in each room and on each floor of a building. Plus, collect Tape-lift and/or Swab Samples of visible mold. This will help identify potential source locations, as well as provide information that can be used to determine how long to diffuse to clear a space of mold.
2. Diffuse each room with Young Living's Thieves Essential Oil blend for at least 24 hours and up to 72 hours, using the recommended diffuser and directions provided.
3. Repair all leaks and water damage; remove and replace mold infested materials
4. Clean with Young Living's Thieves Household Cleaner
5. Diffuse with the Thieves Essential Oil blend again for at least 24 hours.
6. Re-Sample to verify that all sources of mold have been addressed and the space is clear of mold
7. If required, repeat the process. Otherwise, diffuse 2-3 days per week for 30 minutes or longer in each room for maintenance and prevention.
For normal household mold problems I will just use steps 2,3,4,5,7.
For more information please contact me on 07 5442 8080, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To order Thieves essential oil, diffuser and cleaner go to https://www.youngliving.org/rigawalsh